Further to the COVID 19 preventative measures which the golf club sent to all members on Sunday 15 March, please follow the additional preventative measures below which come into effect immediately at Shoalhaven Heads Golf Club.
• If you have returned or been in close contact with someone who has returned from any country outside of Australia since 15 March, including those on a cruise, you cannot attend the Club (the Club being inclusive of the entire site and property boundaries of Shoalhaven Heads Golf Club e.g. practice facilities etc) until you have self-isolated for a 14 day period.
• Additionally, in the 14 days prior to the 15th March, if you have returned from either a government identified high risk country (Mainland China, Iran, Italy, Republic of Korea) or moderate risk country (Cambodia, Indonesia, Japan, Singapore, Thailand) you cannot attend the Club (the Club being inclusive of the entire site and property boundaries of Shoalhaven Heads Golf Club e.g. practice facilities etc) until you have self-isolated for a 14 day period.
• Please use Credit or Debit Cards via Pay Wave rather than cash whenever possible. The club may need to discontinue the use of cash at the Bar, Pro Shop and Café.
• Regular weekly golf and Clubhouse usage will continue as per normal given that our indoor gathering sizes after normal competitions, including Saturdays are always less than 100 people.
• Upcoming events which are conducted or hosted by the Club (member and non-member events) that typically attract more than 100 people will be reviewed and either revised to conform with government advice for limitng indoor gatherings to 100 or they will be cancelled. When an event is cancelled, members will be advised via our e-mail and website.
• Our catering and bar staff where possible will be practicing the methods of social distancing.
• All sun creams, salt & pepper shakers, and sugar dispensers will be removed from the Club until further notice. Members are encouraged to bring their own personal care products. Sugar sachet and salt and pepper may be requested by members and visitors if required.
• An increased number of hand sanitiser dispensers will be provided, and members are encouraged to use them.
• Frequently touched surfaces will be sanitised more regularly by our staff, this includes counter surfaces, tables, scorecard return bench, touch screens and motorised carts.
• Regularly accessed doors within the Club will be left ajar.
• Bar tables have been spread out further to encourage separation in the clubhouse.
Except for the COVID 19 preventative measures, the golf club is operating as normal. We encourage members and visitors attending Shoalhaven Heads Golf Club to minimise close person-to-person contact where possible and to exhibit an increased awareness of personal hygiene as has been encouraged by State and Federal health departments.
The Board considers the above measures to be both a sensible and relevant approach in protecting our members (a portion of which are elderly and at risk), guests, staff and contractors that frequent the Club, and generally “doing our bit” to minimise COVID-19’s spread. We will continue to be guided by the advice which is issued by State and Federal governments.
The Club’s policy will continue to be reviewed and changes made regularly to adapt. Changes will continue to be communicated to the Club’s membership via website post and e-news in addition to hard copy notices around the Club.
Please contact the Honorary Secretary, Alan Davies at the Club or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any queries.
For further information, please visit the attached link: https://www.health.gov.au/news/health-alerts/novelcoronavirus-2019-ncov-health-alert
The Board of Directors