The next Friday night dinner at Birdies by the Sea is on 21st February. The menu is attached and bookings are to be made with Louise Collings on 0466 049 650.
The first round of the Illawarra Pennant and Shoalhaven Shield was played on Sunday 2 February 2020. The results of the Shoalhaven Heads Golf Club teams are:
- A Pennant team v Kiama won 3 / 2;
- B Pennant team v Kiama drew 2.5 / 2.5;
- White Horse Cup #1 v Jamberoo lost 4 / 3;
- White Horse Cup #2 v Jamberoo lost 5 / 2; and
- Shoalhaven Shield v Nowra lost 6 / 2
The next Friday night dinner will be held on 7 February 2020 at 5.30 to 8.30pm. Please note that booking before Wednesday 5 February is essential. Please call Louise Collings on 0466 049 650.
The Women’s Presentation Day was held on Tuesday 10th December. The day was a great success with 66 current and past members attending. There was a joyful hum and vibrant atmosphere throughout the lunch and presentation.
The presentation commenced with an announcement of Marj Bradd becoming the first Women’s Golf Patron. Marj was greeted with a warm welcome from all in attendance.
The presentation awards are:
Div 2 Nett Runner up Marg Hyland
Div 2 Nett Winner Janet Bowden
Div 2 Gross Runner up Gai Richardson
Div 2 Gross Winner Marie Miller
Div 1 Nett Runner up Di Knoll
Div 1 Nett Winner Suzie Collins
Club Champion Runner up Keshni Muldaliar
Club Champion 2019 Tara Mackie
Div 1 Gross Marilyn Schott
Div 1 Nett Di Knoll
Div 2 Gross Marie Miller
Div 2 Nett Joy Hollway
Div 3 Gross Julie Romanowski
Div 3 Nett Beth Dick
Senior Vet Maureen Latimer
Marj Bradd Shield
Winner Louise Barnes
2nd Marie Miller
3rd Cheryl Grinlinton
Mabel MacKenzie Brooch
Div 1 Marilyn Schott
Div 2 Marg Hyland
Div 3 Julie Romanowski
Senior Vet Kay McGuirk
Foresomes Champions Tara Mackie/Di Knoll
Pennant Captain Vicki Askew
Captains Encouragement Award Kaye McGuirk
Match Play Winner Cheryl Grinlinton
Putting Winner Vicki Askew
Jill Gumley Shield Julie Romanowski
Medal of Medals Winner Marie Miller
GNSW Medal Winner
Div 1 Cheryl Grinlinton
Div 2 Louise Barnes
Div 3 Barb Smith
Div 1 Tara Mackie
Div 2 Maureen Hollis
Div 3 Barbara Franklin
Gobblers Marie Miller (4)
Birdies Tara Mackie (8)
Rob Percival loading his car with $405 worth of groceries and Christmas goodies to be given to the Nowra Family Services. This is an annual donation made by the Shoalhaven Heads Golf Club’s women golfers.
The Veteran’s golf presentation day was held on Thursday 28th November 2019. A good number of veteran golfers attended the presentation which was preceded by lunch. Birdies by the Sea provided a fabulous luncheon once again.
The presentation commenced by presenting Certificates of Appreciation to the school students. Ian Ashby spoke on behalf of the students and thanked the veterans for welcoming the students onto the golf course each week. The student’s on-course activities provide another learning and development pathway to employment which has proven to be successful.
The following golf awards were presented:
• Bill Robertson Shield winner: Alan McDonald;
• Patron’s Anzac Shield winner: Karl Schroder;
• Match Play Runner Up: Danny Rochford;
• Match Play L&G Wellard Shield winner: Geoff Collins;
• Men’s Eclectic Winner: Rod Elliott;
• Women’s Eclectic Winner: Louise Barnes;
• Women’s Vets Runner Up: Barbara Smith;
• Women’s Vets Net Winner: Louise Barnes;
• Women’s Champion: Maureen Latimer;
• C Grade Net Runner Up: Carl Miller;
• C Grade Net Winner: Kevin Higgins;
• C Grade Gross Runner Up: Alan McDonald;
• C Grade Champion: Robert Nagle;
• B Grade Nett Runner Up: Bob Jessep;
• B Grade Net Winner: Noel Gardener;
• B Grade Gross Runner Up: Alan Davies;
• B Grade Champion: Ken Miller;
• A Grade Net Runner Up: Gary Sawyer;
• A Grade Net Winner: Ian Paynter;
• A Grade Gross Runner Up: Harry Delany; and
• Veterans’ Champion: David Lamb.
The annual Corporate Day event was held on Friday 22nd November at Shoalhaven Heads Golf Club. The event was a three person Ambrose and pleasingly there were 26 teams competing, including many of the Club’s sponsors. Additionally, we had an excellent representation of the BIGG boys who entered 7 teams.
Once again, we were treated to a beautiful day weather wise and the course was in excellent condition given the lack of rain we have had recently. The players were treated to a superb luncheon after golf which was prepared by our caterers Birdies by the Sea.
The golf was very competitive with remarkable shots being made, like David Murphy’s hole-in-one on the 11th hole.
The results are:
1. First place, Booth Partners - David Murphy, Josh Murph & Peter Russell (net 53.67)
2. Second place, Nickell Business Coaching - James Eagle, Todd Kalajzich & Trevor Harris (net 55)
3. Third place, Ray White Berry - Shane Hilaire, Brad Wooley & Mark Graham (net 56.17)
4. Fourth place, BIGG 3 - Bob Bishop, John Cullity & John Dutton (net 58)
5. Fifth place, Maceys Insurance Brokers - Brendan Goddard, Stu Jamieson & Matt Lees
Nearest the Pin:
Peter Russell (2nd hole)
David Murphy (6th hole)
David Murphy (11th hole) Hole in One
Ian Cole (15th hole)
Longest Drive (4th hole):
Simon Rudd (A Grade (0-18))
Joshua Murphy (B Grade (19+))
Bradman: Plumbers Supplies Co-operative - Jeff Jones, Reece Musumeci & Daniel Busssa
Presentation Day for the Women’s Golf will take place at the Club on Tuesday 10th December 2019. The day will commence with a 9 am shotgun start of a 9 hole Stableford competition, followed by lunch and presentation of prizes. All women members are welcome to join us, you do not have to play golf. The Committee will cover the green fees for those playing.
The cost of the lunch is $25 for a 3 course meal which includes a ticket for the Ham and Christmas pudding Raffle. We are holding a ham and Christmas pudding raffle this year to give everyone a better chance of winning a prize. Lunch will be at approximately 12.30.pm.
If you wish to play, please enter your name on the club’s Kiosk computer or if you are coming for lunch only, send a text to Felicity on 0431 173 260 or Email - firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are looking forward to meeting many of our past and social members again, as well as enjoying a good round of golf with a Christmas theme.
We are seeking expression of interest from those wishing to represent Shoalhaven Heads Golf Club in the:
• Illawarra Pennant
• B Pennant
• White Horse Cup
The Illawarra Pennant is the interclub A Grade match play competition.
The B Pennant is the inter-club match play competition for players with GA handicaps from 5.5
The White Horse Cup is the Illawarra Golf Association’s longest running interclub match play competition. The format is handicap match play and is for players with GA handicaps up to a maximum of 24.4
For further information and print copies of the rules, draw and result sheets go to the Illawarra Golf Association’s website http://www.golfillawarra.com.au/pennants/illawarra-pennants.
Please enter your name on the relevant sheet which is posted in the club adjacent to the Office doorway. Nominations are open until 6th December.
Corporate day is on Friday 22nd November